True RMS, a shortcut for root mean square, converts AC signals into DC signals to assure more accurate readings. Although the idea of a multimeter seems to be complicate at first there is no such thing that cannot be learned when it comes to professions and tools. No matter if you’re a student in an apprentice school, an experimented electrician or a homeowner with high hopes for his dwelling, a multimeter is easy to use and can become your best help once you learn how to read and correct each value.
This multimeter has all the features required to repair most of the electrical problems that appear around the house and it is suitable for both beginners and experimented electricians. It features a low input impedance measurement that tests voltage and continuity in the same time in order to provide accurate results in a short time. It is one of the models that enjoyed improvements in time just so you can receive the best result with the same amount of money and time.
Fluke 113 offers a variety of features, such as:
• It measures AC and DC voltage up to 600V
• It measures resistance to 60 kiloohms
• Gives capacitance measurements up to 9,999 microfarads
• It includes a holster that has built-in probe holders to allow you to store it wherever you want
• It checks simultaneously for voltage and continuity
• It features both auto and manual ranging to offer flexibility when working
• It is safety rated for CAT III 600 V and CAT III 300 V
• It performs continuity and diode tests
• It is good for measuring both linear and non-linear loads
• It features a hold features that freezes the screen when you need to compare the results or simply to have them in front of your eyes for longer
• It has a Max/Min function that is used to read
The fact that it has a much larger display than many models on the market makes it easy to use and read especially if you worked as an electrician your entire life and your eyes need to deal with multiple readings. The display is backlit and can be easily used even in the darkest areas. It completes the latest safety standards and was tested for shocks, humid environments, and several droppings to assure that the end result is the best one. It can measure and display any basic value that you might to know when proceeding for some electrical work around the house: current, voltage, resistance, capacitance and continuity.
The box contains the Fluke 113 utility multimeter, test leads, 9 V battery and instructions that give all the data and steps needed to use this multimeter right out of the box. This model may not be the most robust of them all but it surely will last for years and years, always giving accurate results.