Multimeters can be used for basic measurements or for more advanced jobs but it certainly can be used by both an electrician and a handyman who need some things done around the house. While most of the time it is used to measure electrical voltage, amperage, resistance, frequency and other values, it can be used for more advanced measures when you want to detect faults or complex changes. A multimeter used to obtain accurate measurements is Fluke 87-V Digital Multimeter, a versatile tool that is so useful and resistant that it has a life-time warranty.
Some of Fluke’s 87-V features are:
• It can measure up to 1000 VAC and DC
• It features a dual display resolution: 6,000 or 20,000 counts
• Safety rate: CAT III 1000V, CAT IV 600V
• Its display resolution lets you see all the small changes that occur in the displayed readings
• It has a built-in thermometer that gets the job done without the help of an external thermometer
• It offers 0.05% DC accuracy
• It gives true RMS AC voltage and current when you need the best measurements in a non-linear signals
• The multimeter measures up to 10 A and 20 A (for up to 30 seconds)
• It comes equipped with a large display that is backlit and suitable for usage in poorly lit areas
• It measures frequency to 200 kHz
• Its 6000 count display gives 4 updates per second and has a 33 segment bar graph with 40 updates per second
In order to provide the maximum flexibility, you may wish this multimeter gives both auto and manual ranging. Its functions and accurate readings won’t change a bit even when using it when working with motors or in other noisy environments. Due to its internal thermometer, there is no need for you to carry and another instrument in your tool box when you need readings inside a refrigerator, freezer or an air conditioning unit. An accurate voltage is ensured by a selectable filter and it also has incorporated an input alert that will provide an audible warning in case of incorrect use of the input jacks. All the controls are easy to read and the multimeter will let you know if you have the leads in the wrong spot before you’ll have the chance to mess something up.
In order to save as much battery as possible, this multimeter has a display that features a sleep mode while the battery can be easily changed due to an access door that does not require you to break the calibration seal. Its compact design helps it to remain both durable and lightweight, it was tested and succeeded to resist against droppings, humidity and shocks. It’s also impressive that this multimeter can withstand impulses in excess up to 8,000 volts.
Its additional measurements capabilities are:
• Duty cycle
• Motor drive (ASD)
• Relative reference
• Continuity/Diode test
The box contains the Fluke 87-V, AC72 alligator clips, holster, nine volt battery (that is already installed), a manual with instructions, and 80BK temperature probe.